Although Winterlude is coming to an end, there are still more fun things coming to Ottawa. Two more festivals are set to take place near your Ottawa neighbourhood. Find out where the fun will be!
Wear Green for this Ottawa Festival
Ottawa’s Annual Irish Festival will begin March 7 through March 17, held by the Irish Society of the National Capital Region. The St. Patrick’s Day parade will begin at 11 a.m. on March 16 at Elgin St and Laurier Avenue.
There are all kinds of activities going on throughout the city. Check out these events close to many Ottawa homes:
- Learn the Irish Language – Head over to the Blessed Sacrament Church Hall in The Glebe and pick up some Gaelic words and phrases on March 9 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Lunch is provided.
- Auction – Riverside Park residents should check out this Irish auction located at St. Patrick’s House on March 8 at 11:30 a.m. Tickets cost $45.
- Music – Listen to a live performance of Irish music for the St. Patrick Day Celebration at 6 p.m. on March 9 in Our Lady of Fatimah Parish Hall, close to many Carlington homes. Tickets are $15.
- Fun Runs – Starting at the Immaculata High School in Old Ottawa East, there will be a Family Run at 9:30 a.m., a 5K at 9:15 a.m. and a 10K at 9 a.m.
- Food – Reserve a spot for a cooking class and traditional Irish kitchen party on March 10 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Gloucester Mall in Carson Grove. Tickets cost $30.
- Readings – Listen to the poetry of Matthew Sweeney and Rita Ann Higgins on March 15 at 7 p.m. at the Knox Presbyterian Church in Centretown. Admission is $15.
- Plus Many More Irish-Themed Events!
Something Sweet Is Coming to Ottawa
The Maple Sugar Festival is coming March 17 until March 24 in Vanier’s 300 des Pères Blancs Avenue. Along with pancakes and brunch in an authentic sugar shack, there will be these family-friendly things to do:
- Live Music and Performances from artists like Tante Caroline, Dakiel Latreille, Brian St-Pierre, La Ligue du Bonheur and Disco Inferno.
- Seniors’ Dinner Dance
- Maple-Flavoured Soup Tasting
- Maple Taffy Samples
- Hay Rides
- Races And More!
Be sure to click here for ticket prices of the different events.
Ottawa Events Near Your Neighbourhood
Which festival are you looking forward to most? If you know of something fun to do in Ottawa this March and it wasn’t listed above, let us know. We’d be happy to hear from you.