There’s no reason to get the winter blues this month. Whether you’re looking for fun indoors or outdoors, you have a few choices to pick from. Find out what’s happening in your Ottawa neighborhood this December.
Ottawa Outdoors Things to Do
Here are a few nearby Ottawa outdoor spaces that are great for winter activities.
• Ottawa’s outdoor skating rinks usually open in late December, depending on weather conditions. There are several outdoor rinks close to the communities of Nepean, Vanier, Orleans, Stittsville, Kanata and more. In addition, the Rideau Canal, the world’s longest outdoor skating rink located in The Glebe neighbourhood, is another great area for public skating.
Ottawa’s Indoor Events and Museum Exhibits
If you want to get out of the house – and stay out of the cold too – why not head out to these family-friendly events.
• The National Arts Centre, located by many Sandy Hill homes, will feature The Alberta Ballet’s performance of The Nutcracker from December 5 through December 9.
• The Canada Agriculture Museum, just ten minutes away from Carlington, will have its Small Animal Barn open throughout December except Christmas. Admission is accepted through donations. Additionally, a food drive will run throughout the month. Be sure to stop by with your canned goods and non-perishable food items.
• The Bytowne Museum in the Byward Market neighbourhood is having Festive Victorian Fun from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on December 1. Check out the museum the next day for free admission. It’s a great opportunity to see the ongoing exhibit Rebranding Bytown.
At Home or At the Arena
Here’s to hoping the lockout will really be resolved, and we can finally see some hockey this month. Get your tickets for these home games at the Scotiabank Place.
• Ottawa Senators vs. NY Rangers December 13 at 7:30 p.m.
• Ottawa Senators vs. LA Kings December 15 at 2 p.m.
• Ottawa Senators vs. Montreal Canadiens December 19 at 7 p.m.
• Ottawa Senators vs. Florida Panthers December 21 at 7:30 p.m.
• Ottawa Senators vs. Philadelphia Flyers December 23 at 1:00 p.m.
• Ottawa Senators vs. Toronto Maple Leafs December 28 at 7:30 p.m.
• Ottawa Senators vs. Detroit Red Wings December 29 at 7:00 p.m.
What are you most looking forward to this December?